Monday, January 28, 2013

16 hours in the middle seat

We made it to Hong Kong on Friday night, although I was completely contorted for 16 hours of sitting in the middle seat. We got up early and walked along the promenade of Victoria Harbor, and even ran for a bit. We met some friends of ours for lunch and a little walking tour of the city. Hong Kong is fantastic. It was like Shanghai, but more civilized. No spitting on the sidewalk, no trash on the streets. You can feel and see the British influence despite twenty years under Chinese control. Afternoon tea is still a very important ritual. We ate snow fungus, a new treat, and went to the top of Victoria Peak at night - a beautiful sight despite the fog and light rain. Once we got back to the mainland side, Kowloon, where we were staying, we got caught in a downpour walking back to our hotel. Sunday was a bit more relaxing as it was the day that we traveled to Fuzhou and to Alex. That's next! My brain is totally fried because I'm still catching up on jet lag, and I'm forcing myself to stay awake another two hours so that I don't wake up at 4am tomorrow. So I apologize for the haphazard nature of my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment