Sunday, December 18, 2011

Patience is a virtue - and we're all out of it

Sorry for the lack of postings and I wish I had news, but I don't.  Thursday was the last day we were allowed to visit the orphanage, for reasons unknown to us.  It's incredibly upsetting for us, and worse, for our kids who had us for the last five days.

We still haven't heard when we will get our Giving and Receiving ceremonies scheduled (when we take custody of our kids).  So, once more, we wait and wait.

Beyond the emotional toil of wanting to get our kids out as soon as possible, the fact is that being in Ca Mau is incredibly boring.  There aren't any tourist sites here or anywhere near here, so we are making due keeping ourselves occupied with reading every book we brought, playing at least 300 games of solitare and hanging out with the other families. 

And, we have, what we're calling Bac Lieu Belly.  We're pretty sure that the oil that they use in every dish is upsetting our stomachs something fierce.  The options for eating are very, very limited here.  I've had enough rice to last me a lifetime.  Thank goodness for fried egg sandwiches for breakfast.

It's hard to believe that Christmas is so close - most days we don't even realize the day or the week, let alone the date.  We have been here three weeks.

I'll post some pics from the last few days later; we did venture into the town of Ca Mau today just to get the heck out of the hotel. 

Praying we have good news to report soon!

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to read the latest post. I can't believe how hard it must be for you all. Thought and prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So heartbreaking. I'm sorry there is no news on the G&R. Even though it's my son's birthplace, I can't begin to imagine spending that much time in Ca Mau. I'm sure you don't want to be too far away in case you get news- wonder how long the boat trip to Rach Gia/Phu Quoc Island is...probably wouldn't be a day trip. Have ou been to UMinh Forest yet? I hope you hear some news soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete