Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Waiting and waiting

I wish I had better news to report, but sadly, we are still awaiting approval to visit the orphanage.  We have two of three approvals.  We fully expected to have the third approval by now. So, we're pretty upset, frustrated and confused as to what's going on.  Tomorrow (Dec. 1) it was supposed to be a done deal.

We are in Ca Mau, which is about 30 miles from the Centre.  This morning we did a little shopping - bought some toys and milk to take to the orphanage and got Nick a birthday cake.

Mostly, I have been playing solitaire (at least 30 games), checking work emails and trying to pass the time until we get more information on what's going on.

Thankfully, there are other families here that we can sympathize with and try to keep each other's spirits up. 

I apologize for the downer post, but we would appreciate all of the prayers you can possibly muster up.

7 comments:

  1. Many thoughts are with all of you .. hope that today brings great news. Stay strong and positive (I know you will). And, thank you for keeping us all posted.
    Jen Morrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Lu. Good things to come,I just know it. If you play WWF I am Lindsay17 and usually play in the middle of the night when I can't sleep.

    I hope tomorrow brings the news you have been waiting for. Hugs to Nick too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you all for quick answers, children to hug, and a fast trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying approval comes ASAP!!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for that final approval!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for keeping us posted. I'm always on pins and needles when a fellow PAP is travelling. Is Shear in Bac Lieu yet? Wish I could be there to help you pass the time while you wait. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. praying, praying for things to keep moving!

    ReplyDelete