Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm a believer

Today, I went to a presentation by an expert in traditional Chinese medicine, a guy from the U.S., no less, but incredibly knowledgeable and accomplished.  I wanted him to tell me a simple tea for making me more beautiful and to help me lose weight, but it's not as easy as that. 

What was supposed to be a 90-minute session turned into 3 hours.  He gave us several teas to try and listened as most of the women in the group divulged the very personal medical problems that their husbands have, most involving the gastrointestinal system.  Suffice it to say, that I learned more about a few men that I've never met than I really wanted to. 

Depending on the ailment and the balance of your yin and yang, he can cure just about anything through the use of herbs, teas and acupuncture.  I also learned about cupping, where glass jars are heated and then put on a sore spot and the suction that happens once the air in the cup cools is a marvelous muscle relaxer.  That's something I want to try soon.

The bottom line - ditch the coffee and start drinking tea -- red tea in the winter to keep you warm and green tea in the summer to keep you cool.

Sign me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment