Sunday, October 25, 2009

The sweetest pea - Day 2

My sweet boy wasn't feeling well at all today.  He has a cold in both eyes; they're red and swollen.  It broke my heart to see him feeling poorly.  He fell asleep on top of me, and then woke up to inconsolable crying, so of course, I started crying, too.

But, before we left (and at least 10 crackers later), he seemed to be back to the sweet pea that he is.  The cars my mom got for him helped a lot, though.  He loved rolling them to me and then having  me roll them back.  I haven't heard him talk very much, not that I'd even know what he was saying, but he did try to say "bubbles" today when we were playing with them.

The nannies who care for the children really are wonderful, but imagine playing zone defense two on ten, 24 hours a day.  They can't possibly give them all of the attention that these darling children deserve.  The other two moms and I are usually mobbed with 2-year olds before we even get in the door.

We've been averaging 7-hour days at the orphanage the past two days, and I expect that will probably continue.  It's much more physically and emotionally exhausting than I was prepared for, but so worth it.

My brain is a little fried right now, so I'm heading to bed, but thought you'd enjoy a quick video from today.

Thanks for the cars, Mimmi!

Nate playing with car

No comments:

Post a Comment