Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 6 - Early start

We left the hotel at 5:30 a.m. in order to get to the Centre in time to play with the kiddos outside (6-7am).    Another fun day!  Nate had just gotten a bath when we got there so he was a happy boy with a wet head.  He kicked a ball around the courtyard a bit, so soccer may be in his future.  

Once again, I am a bit brain dead, but I did want to post some more photos today, not just of our darling boy, but of some of the other children, too.  As you can tell, they like to use me as a human trampoline - I always have at least two standing, sitting or laying on me.  I would take every single one home with me if I could.

We learned on Monday that two cases may be approved within the next few weeks, but we don't know who they are.  Selfishly, I want it to be Nate, but I will be happy if any of the kids get out and hope that it's just the beginning of getting the other children home.

Also, I had quite an interesting massage today at the hotel by a 80 lb. Vietnamese girl.  First she had me strip down to my underwear right in front of her and she didn't cover me up with a sheet or towel.  She immediately jumped on top of me, and straddled my back.  I was beaten to a pulp and she even walked on me!  Then she had me flip over, sunny side up and she rubbed down every last inch of my chest!  She pulled my hair, too.  Actually, it wasn't so bad, and I guess that's what you get for a $3 massage in Vietnam!

Here comes Pele! Video of Nate kicking a ball.

Loved every minute of this!



Just out of the bath


















They are obsessed with my larger than Vietnamese nose!



No comments:

Post a Comment