Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 3 - Down one mom

The good news is that Nate was feeling much, much better today.  His eyes weren't as red and puffy and he was in a wonderful mood.  So good, in fact, that he's becoming a little territorial with me (which also makes me cry).  He tried to bite two of the little ones who were also sitting on my lap in order to get closer to me (usually you have anywhere from two to five children sitting on your lap, legs or feet at any one time and I've got the bruises to prove it).  He also tried to push one of the little girls off my lap, chivalrous boy that he is.

We colored today;  they did pretty well when they weren't fighting each other for more crayons.  That's the video of the day.

One of our moms leaves tomorrow, and it was awful having to see her say goodbye to her little girl.  We were all crying and even one of the nannies was crying, too.  While my heart was breaking for her, it also made me think that for now, my time is limited with our sweet boy, and that Thursday may be one of the most difficult days. 

There is a call with our adoption agency tomorrow morning, and we're praying for good news.  It would make leaving a lot easier if we knew that it was just a matter of time before these precious little souls could come home to the parents that they deserve. 













2 comments:

  1. I'm loving this "little nate" show...forget Shirley Temple! My prayers are with you for a productive phone call in the a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course he doesn't want the other kiddos near you -- he knows the best mommy in the world when he sees her! Hope the news from the agency is good.

    ReplyDelete